Macserv IT is a (technical!) “marriage counselor” for business owners thinking about ending their longtime relationship with PCs (and finding love anew with Macs). Before you select china patterns and plan the honeymoon, ensure that switching from a PC environment to the Mac platform is a match made in IT heaven.
Perhaps you recognize these telltale signs:
- You use a Mac at home and wish all operating systems could be just like Apple’s macOS
- You admire the Mac’s reputation regarding lower total cost of ownership
- You doubly admire the Mac’s ability to resist Windows-loving viruses and malware
- You prefer a greener planet and have heard that Mac hardware is very recyclable
- Your employees drop hints about adding more IT “cool factor” to your company
You might be ready to board the Mac “love boat.” But before you cruise the Lido deck, we strongly advise confirming your company’s Mac readiness with an assessment.
During the (one-day) on-site assessment, we will meet with your executive team and a cross-section of employees representing different types of computer users. When speaking with your employees, we’ll ask them to:
- Show us what they do daily on the computer
- Click through the programs and websites they access during a typical day
Once we document your employees’ workstation habits, we’ll develop a proposal for transitioning your office from a Windows to a Mac configuration. And if by chance going Mac isn’t the right move for your business, we will say so plainly and explain WHY.
Two immediate reasons switching from PC to Mac may not be viable:
- Your company uses custom software reliant upon Microsoft’s current Internet browser, Edge.
- You’re price sensitive regarding upfront hardware/server costs and the number of workstations to be converted.
We would need to know about any sensitive or confidential information stored on your server, such as HIPAA information. Additionally, the software used by financial-services firms and other highly regulated industries has implications for switching from a Windows environment to Mac. It’s also important to consider how you communicate with clients or customers. For example: Does your company use a special server to filter outgoing and incoming email messages?
To schedule a Win-to-Mac assessment with Macserv IT, please contact us.